Sky-Watcher Explorer 130P AZ GTi
The highly portable Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-130PS (AZ-GTi), has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android. The AZ-GTi mounting, with it's built-in WiFi module, creates it’s very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks.
After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu.
The AZ-GTi and SynScan App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing the telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App’s extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects. Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
With an extremely useful 130mm of light gathering aperture and a superb parabolic primary mirror, the EXPLORER-130PS is a highly capable all-rounder for the observation of the Moon, bright planets, nebulae, galaxies and star clusters.
- Magnifications (with optics supplied): x26 & x65
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x260
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 130mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 650mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- AZ-GTi WiFi Go-To Alt-Azimuth Mount
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 10 arc-minute (RMS)
- Resolution: 2073600 Counts/Rev., 0.625 arc-second
- Resolution of Aux. R.A./Dec. Axis Encoders: 1068 Counts/Rev., approx. 20 arc-minutes
- Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Alignment-Free Solar Tracking
- Slewing Speeds: 0.5X, 1.0x, 8.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Motor: DC Servo Motor, Gear Ratio 6480
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately), Built-in Wi-Fi Module
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, more are coming).
- Network Protocol: UDP, Port 11880
- Adjustable Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Height of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA): 80.5cm - 152cm
- Total Weight with Tripod: 6.65kg
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 0.75A) Tip Positive.
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended.
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope. ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.
- Optical Design
- 5 inch
- Mount Type
- Focal Length
- 650 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Fully Coated
- What is more important?
- Brightness over image resolution
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- Yes, I would like a scope to guide me.
- One Year