Sky-Watcher EvoStar 120 EQ5
Sky-Watcher EVOSTAR telescopes are classic two-element, air-spaced, achromatic refractors
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x40 & x100
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x240
- Objective Lens Diameter: 120mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1000mm (f/8.33)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Focuser
- 2"/50.8mm Star Diagonal
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- EQ5 Deluxe Heavy-Duty Equatorial Mount
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- Polar Scope (as shown) not included but available separately
- 1.5" Stainless Steel Pipe Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 38% more Light Gathering than 102mm
AIR-SPACED TWO-ELEMENT ACHROMATIC REFRACTORS
An ordinary single lens brings different wavelengths of light to different focal points
Choose this combination if you are thinking of adding dSLRs and guidescopes, or 2" star diagonals and 2" eyepieces to the weight of the OTA. The EQ5 is more capable than the EQ3-2 for handling greater weights. An excellent white light solar refractor by adding some Baader Astrosolar over the front aperture. An affordable instrument for schools to purchase for science project astronomical observing. 120mm is easily enough for visibility of all Messier objects as well as good lunar and planetary detail.
Budget for an A4 sheet of Baader Astrosolar and a weak sky pollution filter such as the Baader Neodymium 1.25 filter. Budget also for a 1.25" Baader polarizing set or a 1.25" Neutral density filter for the moon. It is also worth considering a 6mm eyepiece for the moon and planets.
- Optical Design
- 4.7 inch
- Mount Type
- Focal Length
- 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Multi Coated
- What is more important?
- Image resolution over brightness
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- No, I want to find objects myself