Sky-Watcher Esprit 120 ED Pro
We are proud to introduce the new Sky-Watcher Professional ESPRIT 3-Element ED apochromatic refractors. These are instruments of the highest quality with optical performance rivalling or exceeding similar telescopes of even the most famous high-end telescope brands.
The ESPRIT Super Apo Triplets are designed for the most demanding astro-imagers but are also fine telescopes for visual observations. The premium, superbly-corrected optical systems deliver high-contrast images full of detail and zero detectable colour fringing, even on the brightest of objects.
- 3-Element Objective Lens, Focal Length 840mm (including one Ohara FPL-53 ED element))
- 3” CNC Machined 11:1 Rotatable Dual-Speed Linear Power Focuser
- Full-frame Corrected Focal Plane
- Zero detectable Colour Fringing even on Bright Objects
- Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
- Knife-edge Baffled Optical System
- High-precision Mechanical Components
- Aluminium OTA material (superior to plain carbon-fibre for this application)
- Retractable Dew Shield
- OTA Weight 9.61kg (without accessories), 12.13kg (with accessories)
3” DUAL-SPEED LINEAR POWER FOCUSER
- 3” LPF with 2” and 1.25” eyepiece adaptors and indexed scale
- Zero focus-shift during focusing
- High Load Capacity - holds up to 5kg of accessories whilst focusing and up to 10kg when locked.
- New drawtube with steel sheet held by four large bearings makes focusing smoother than ever
- The smooth focus motion and 11:1 fine focus wheel allows precision adjustment and critical focusing of eyepieces & cameras
- Patent-pending design
2” Dielectric Star Diagonal, 28mm 2” LET Eyepiece, 9x50 Right-Angled Erect Image Finderscope, Tube Rings and Dovetail Mounting Bar
The Esprit series of refractors are Sky-Watchers first foray into the world of true apochromatic refractors. Currently, the series comprise three instruments. The first is a five element 100mm f/5 ED model where the two rear elements correct for off-axis aberrations, (giving a claimed flat field over 44mm). The second is a 120mm f/7 ED triplet model and the third is a 150mm f/7 ED triplet model. The 120mm and 150mm models have a doublet field flattener which is added by the user to the rear of the telescope via an M48 thread. This permits a corrected off-axis field for full frame dSLR imaging. These are Sky-Watcher's premium photo-visual instruments of all the Sky-Watcher telescopes. All three models will mount comfortably onto an EQ6 Pro. If wide field imaging is your main concern, the 100mm f/5 would be the best choice. For imaging and observing, the 120mm and 150mm models would make the better choice. Finally, when only the best will do there is the Starlight 3" focuser which has been produced especiially for this product - see the link below.
Make full use of binoviewers with these instruments. Lunar and planetary images in particular will be rewarding.
- Optical Design
- 4.72 inch
- Focal Length
- Focal Ratio
- One Year