Sky-Watcher Evostar 150 NEQ6 PRO SynScan
Truly outstanding refractor with high-performance, high-resolution instruments manufactured to extremely high standards of precision
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
- Objective Lens Diameter: 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/8)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Focuser
- 2"/50.8mm Star Diagonal
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- EQ6 PRO SynScan TM Deluxe Super Heavy-Duty Computerised GOTO Equatorial Mount (Requires 12 volt DC Power Supply)
- Built-in Dual-Axis Stepper Motors
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- 2" Stainless Steel Pipe Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 56% more Light Gathering than 120mm
- Precision Computerised GO-TO Mount!!
The Evostar 6" refractor on the ideal GOTO mount for its bulk and weight. This is the mount we recommend for longer exposure photography with this telescope. It can handle a lot more weight than the EQ5, is more robust and has better bearings than the HEQ5. The EQ6 generally is a proven German equatorial that has deserved its position as the best of its type and price on the market. It is much quieter than most mounts that use servo motors. Visually, this telescope is an excellent deep-sky instrument, and performs well as a lunar/planetary telescope. Lovely pinpoint star images and much better light grasp than the smaller Evostars mean that it has unbeatable value as a low power wide-field telescope. Try the Skywatcher 40mm Aero eyepiece or Baader Scopos 35mm eyepiece for high contrast views of the Milky Way and the Orion nebula.
Requirements. You will need a 12v DC power supply, such as a Powertank, or a tip positive regulated 230v AC to 12v DC adapter.
Budget for an A4 sheet of Baader Astrosolar and the Baader UHC and OIII filters. Budget also for a 1.25" Baader polarizing set or a 1.25" Neutral density filter for the moon. It is also worth considering a 6mm eyepiece for the moon and planets. Consider also a Baader chromatic aberration reducing filter. At higher powers, brighter objects such as the moon and planets can show considerable secondary spectrum.
- Optical Design
- 6 inch
- Mount Type
- EQ-6 Pro SynScan Go-To
- Focal Length
- 1200 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Multi Coated