Sky-Watcher EvoStar 120 EQ5 SynScan
Two-element, air-spaced, achromatic refractors Outstanding high-performance, high-resolution instruments manufactured to high standards of optical and mechanical precision
With their long focal lengths and breathtaking, diffraction limited optical performance, they are ideal for the detailed high-power study of the Moon, Planetary Surfaces and other objects in our solar system, giving crisp contrasty images.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x40 & x100
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x240
- Objective Lens Diameter: 120mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1000mm (f/8.33)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 26mm
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Focuser
- 2"/50.8mm Star Diagonal
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- EQ5 SynScanTM Heavy-Duty Computerised GOTO Equatorial Mount (Requires 12 volt DC Rechargeable Power Supply)
- Built-in Dual-Axis Stepper Motors
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- 1.75" Stainless Steel Pipe Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 38% more Light Gathering than 102mm
Precision Computerised GO-TO Mount!!
An ordinary single lens brings different wavelengths of light to different focal pointsAll Sky-Watcher Refractors are built with air-spaced two-element lenses, which reduce chromatic aberration more than standard doublet lenses.
The full GOTO version of the 120mm Evostar. A portable complete telescope with all the functions required for modern astronomy. A good choice for a family telescope, easy to handle and set up. Prime focus photography is simple with this telescope as is A-focal photography with a compact digital camera. An attractive instrument as well as a competent performer. An excellent white light solar refractor by adding some Baader Astrosolar over the front aperture. 120mm is easily enough for visibility of all Messier objects as well as good lunar and planetary detail.
Requirements. You will need a 12v DC power supply, such as a Powertank, or a tip positive regulated 230v AC to 12v DC adapter.
Budget for an A4 sheet of Baader Astrosolar and a weak sky pollution filter such as the Baader Neodymium 1.25 filter. Budget also for a 1.25" Baader polarizing set or a 1.25" Neutral density filter for the moon. It is also worth considering a 6mm eyepiece for the moon and planets.
- Optical Design
- 4.7 inch
- Mount Type
- Focal Length
- 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Multi Coated
- What is more important?
- Image resolution over brightness
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- Yes, I would like a scope to guide me.