Celestron Sky Portal App WiFi Module
Align and control your telescope wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet and Celestron’s free SkyPortal app for compatible iOS & Android devices
Explore 100,000+ objects in SkyPortal’s database. While you observe, view astroimages and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects including the planets, Orion Nebula, Hercules Globular Star Cluster and more
Tap any celestial object you see in the sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centering it perfectly in the eyepiece. Sky Tour feature generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulae to view based on your exact time and location. WiFi module is compatible with all current Celestron computerized telescopes and select older models. Unit does not require batteries or external power.
Get WiFi Access to the Universe with the SkyPortal WiFi Module
Celestron's SkyPortal WiFi Module turns your smartphone or tablet into your own personal planetarium and observatory!
Simply plug the WiFi module into your telescope’s Hand Control or AUX port and connect to its wireless signal with your device. Instantly, your device becomes a wireless hand controller for your telescope, guiding you through the alignment process and slewing to any celestial object with a simple tap.
As SkyPortal Wifi Module slews your telescope to an object, you can listen to hundreds of included audio descriptions on your device, which explain the history, mythology, and key features of the most popular celestial objects.
Select Tonight’s Best in the search menu and SkyPortal Wifi will display a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time and location. There’s no need to input GPS coordinates or set the time and date—SkyPortal WiFi takes this information directly from your device.
SkyPortal WiFi makes a great gift for telescope users of all ages and skill levels, from kids to advanced users. Take your family on a guided tour of the universe with SkyPortal WiFi!
SkyPortal WiFi Module, Powered by Celestron SkyPortal
Celestron’s SkyPortal WiFi Module works with our brand new planetarium app, SkyPortal. Available free on the Apple App Store and Google Play, SkyPortal is your key to the universe—with or without SkyPortal WiFi Module.
Developed in collaboration with the experts at SkySafari, SkyPortal offers an intuitive user interface with a robust database of more than 100,000 celestial objects. You can even plan your observing session before you set up your telescope, viewing lunar transits and other notable events up to 100 years into the future.
SkyPortal WiFi Module Compatibility List
|Astro Fi||CPC, CPC DX|
|CG-5 (with CG-5 Aux. splitter)||NexStar Evolution|
|CGE||NexStar GT (2015 models and newer with Aux. splitter)|
|CGE Pro||NexStar SE Series|
|CGEM II||NexStar SLT|
|CGEM, CGEM DX||SkyProdigy|
|NexStar i Series||NexStar GPS|
|Ultima 2000||Early generation GoTo mounts (such as Compustar)|
Celestron’s planetarium app is an astronomy suite that redefines how you experience the night sky. Explore the Solar System, 120,000 stars, over 200 star clusters, nebulae, galaxies, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites—including the ISS. SkyPortal includes everything you need to experience the night sky in an exciting new way.
Best of all, you can even control and automatically align your compatible Celestron telescope from your device using StarSense and WiFi technology (StarSense Autoalign and SkyPortal WiFi Module sold separately).
The telescope experts at Celestron have partnered with the renowned app developers at SkySafari to provide the best planetarium experience you'll find in a free mobile app. SkyPortal is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 188.8.131.5267
- Introducing Celestron’s All-Star Polar Alignment routine, allowing you to easily polar align your German Equatorial or wedge-mounted Alt-AZ mount, without accessories that aid in polar alignment
- Introducing Tilt-to-slew feature. Slew your mount by tilting your phone/tablet.
- French and Italian localization
- Augmented reality (iOS only)
- SkyPortal's intuitive Compass Mode enables you to hold your device up to the night sky and instantly identify stars, planets, galaxies, and more. Zoom in to view fainter objects not visible to the naked eye.
- View a custom list of all the best celestial objects to view based on your time, date, and location.
- Simulate the night sky up to 100 years in the past or future to plan your observing session. Look ahead to see when Jupiter's Great Red Spot will be visible. Or animate a lunar eclipse such as the "Blood Moon" so you know what to expect before you set up your telescope.
- View hundreds of astronomical photographs and NASA spacecraft images. Or listen to more than four hours of audio narration to learn the history, mythology, and science of the heavens.
- Night Vision Mode helps you preserve your eyesight after dark.
- COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE CONTROL
Pair your device to your compatible Celestron WiFi telescope, such as NexStar Evolution, or any compatible Celestron telescope equipped with the SkyPortal WiFi Module (formerly SkyQ-Link). Fast and easy alignment options allow you to align your telescope in minutes without any prior knowledge of the night sky. Tap any object and your telescope automatically centers it in the eyepiece.
SkyPortal’s telescope alignment incorporates advanced mount modeling, providing better pointing accuracy than other telescope systems that rely on a dedicated computer.