Sky-Watcher Skymax 150 Pro
A rival to the Celestron C6 OTA for performance, albeit not for wide-field imaging or for cool-down time. An excellent lunar and planetary telescope, both for imaging and observing.
150mm 6” (f/1800) Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- Magnifications with Eyepieces Supplied: x64
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x450
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1800mm (f/12)
- Eyepieces Supplied (2"): 28mm
- 9x50 Finderscope & Bracket
- 2” /50.8mm Star Diagonal
- Focusing by Moving Primary Mirror
- Dovetail Mounting Bar
Optional extra - ALUMINIUM CARRYING CASE FOR SKYMAX-150 OTA 20892
Budget for a neutral density 1.25" filter or Baader polariser set for the moon, a Baader UHC and OIII filter and a dew shield. Budget also for an A4 sheet of Baader Astrosolar.
With any Cassegrain telescope you will have to consider the affect dew fall. The cheapest solution is a lens hood but when dew is a real problem then heater straps will evaporate dew off.
- Optical Design
- Schmidt Cassegrain
- 6 inch
- Focal Length
- 1800 mm
- Focal Ratio