- On sale!
Celestron Cometron 114AZ Telescope
- Fantastic beginners telescope at an unrepeatable price
- Quality optical design--parabolic mirror provides sharp image and eliminates spherical aberration
- Fast focal ratio offers a wide field of view, perfect for observing comets, star clusters, galaxies, and more
- Lightweight and portable, a great grab-and-go telescope
- Large aperture collects more light and provides more detail
Even beginning stargazers can catch stunning views of the next comet with Celestron’s Cometron 114AZ. Designed specifically for viewing comets, Cometron 114AZ offers a 114 mm parabolic mirror to capture the sharpest views of even dim comets on their journey toward the Sun. Two high-quality Kellner eyepieces are included to enhance your views. The simple Newtonian reflector optical design, altazimuth mount, and included red-dot finderscope make it easy to navigate the night sky. A steel tripod provides stability.
Cometron 114AZ is also a perfect instrument for viewing objects in our solar system and beyond. Its wide field of view renders the Moon, the Milky Way galaxy, and the rings of Saturn in impressive detail. You’ll even be able to observe the moons of Jupiter as well as distant objects like the Orion Nebula
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||20mm Kellner (0.79")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2||10mm Kellner (0.39")|
|Finderscope||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Mount Type||Alt-azimuth with panning handle|
|Tripod||Adjustable, stainless steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||1.0"|
|Highest Useful Magnification||269x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||16x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.8|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.22 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.02 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||265x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||34mm (1.35")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||30%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||9.05%|
|Optical Coatings||Aluminum with SiO2|
|Optical Tube Length||457mm (18")|
|Optical Tube Weight||3.8 lbs (1.72 kg)|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||8.4 lbs (3.81 kg)|
|Mount Height (Max)||1168mm (46")|
|Mount Height (Min)||737mm (29")|
|Software||Starry Night Basic Edition|
- Optical Design
- 4.5 inch
- Mount Type
- Focal Length
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Optical Tube Length (mm)
- 24 inch
- 22x, 45x
- What is more important?
- Brightness over image resolution
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- No, I want to find objects myself
- Two Years
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!