- On sale!
Celestron Omni XLT 150 Reflector
Omni XLT series features the stable platform of the CG-4 mount and high quality optics. Using aspheric shaping technology in conjunction with hand-figuring the optics, the Omni XLT presents an image with virtually no spherical aberration. We also added our famous StarBright XLT coating system to further enhance light transmission.
- High quality optics start with each lens and(or) mirror being hand selected so only the finest grade of optical glass is used
- StarBright XLT coatings provide maximized light transmission
- 25 mm multi-coated eyepiece - 20 mm eye relief, 50° FOV
- CG-4 German Equatorial mount with setting circles and slow motion controls - to accurately locate and track sky objects
- Ball bearings in both axis of the mount for smooth performance
- Heavy-duty pre-assembled stainless steel tripod featuring 1.75" legs, accessory tray and bubble level
- Easy no-tool setup
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture (mm)||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|Focal Length||750 mm (30 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||30 x|
|Mount Type||Omni CG-4 Equatorial|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||1.75" Stainless|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||459 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1.67 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||88 ft (27 m)|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||26.5 in (673 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||12 lbs (5.44 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||12.5 lbs (5.67 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||7 lbs (3.2 kg) and 4 lbs (1.8 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
The Omni 150 is a 6" f/5 Newtonian and represents the best value for money telescope in the Omni range. It has a parabolic primary mirror to remove the spherical aberration that would be present in an f/5 spherical mirror. This is an excellent all-purpose telescope for those starting out in astronomy, or as a second more portable telescope. Its performance for deep-sky is excellent for a 6" aperture, and it will provide sharp lunar and planetary images. The German equatorial mount is simple to use with smooth slow motion controls, and optional single or dual axis motors can be added for tracking in RA. With a digital SLR camera at the focus of the telescope, it becomes a 750mm f/5 wide-angle lens. It also offers great views of the moon when a webcam is used in place of the eyepiece.
Use an Omni 2X Barlow when using a webcam for imaging the moon and planets. This will give you the larger image scale you require. Also, keep the telescope collimated for consistent optical quality. Contact us here at Northallerton for further advice.
PDF Specification sheet for filters and dew straps
- Optical Design
- 6 inch
- Mount Type
- CG-4 Equatorial
- Focal Length
- 750 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Starbright XLT Coating
- Optical Tube Length (mm)
- 26.5 inch
- What is more important?
- Brightness over image resolution
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- No, I want to find objects myself
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!