- On sale!
Sky-Watcher Explorer 200PDS EQ5 Parabolic Dual Speed
The new Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-200PDS Newtonian Reflector incorporates a superb mirror-set & Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser for excellent focusing precision
The tube length has been slightly shortened to optimise performance for prime-focus photography.
Even better performance for astro-photography and visual use can be achieved when used in combination with Sky-Watcher's Newtonian coma corrector (Prod.Code 20233)
*Note: the Explorer-200PDS has a larger 58mm secondary mirror, for enhanced field illumination, compared to the Explorer-200P which has a 52mm secondary.
- Magnification (with eyepiece supplied) x36
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x400
- Diameter of Primary Mirror 200mm
- Telescope Focal Length 1000mm (f/5)
- Eyepiece Supplied 28mm LET (2"/50.8mm)
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 2" (50.8mm) Dual-Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- EQ5 Equatorial Mount with 1.75" Stainless Steel Tripod
- 77% more Light-Gathering than 150mm
Features High Quality Parabolic Primary Mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in 'fast' focal lengh reflectors with spherical primary mirrors. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, constrasty images, which are full of detail.
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope.ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.
- Optical Design
- 8 inch
- Mount Type
- Focal Length
- 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!