Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Telescope
Essential Accessories (not included) are listed below:
Eyepiece & Filter Kit - 2 eyepieces & a 2x Barlow lens that allows SLR cameras to attach (accessory required). 3 Filters inc Moon Filter
Red LED Torch - In astronomy we use red LED torches to keep our "night vision".
Moon Filter (only) - Our moon appears very bright. This filter reduces that & allows the craters to stand out more.
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Permanently mounted StarPointer
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick release dovetail attachment - no tool setup
- German Equatorial mount with Setting circles - to accurately locate and track sky objects
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs - Provides a rigid and stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
If you're looking for a dual-purpose telescope appropriate for both terrestrial and celestial viewing, then the AstroMaster Series is for you. Each AstroMaster model is capable of giving correct views of land and sky.
The AstroMaster Series produce bright, clear images of the Moon and planets. It is easy to see the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn with every one of these fine instruments. For views of the brighter deep space objects like galaxies and nebulae, we recommend the larger aperture and light gathering ability of the Newtonian reflectors.
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture (mm)||114 mm (4.49 in)|
|Focal Length||1000 mm (39 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||50 x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)||10 mm (0.39 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||100 x|
|Mount Type||CG-2 Equatorial|
|Tripod||1.25" steel tube legs|
|Highest Useful Magnification||269 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||16 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.8|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.22 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.02 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||265 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||53 ft (16 m)|
|Optical Tube Length||18 in (457 mm)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
- Optical Design
- 4.5 inch
- Mount Type
- CG-2 Equatoial
- Focal Length
- 650 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Optical Tube Length (mm)
- 24 inch
- What is more important?
- Brightness over image resolution
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- No, I want to find objects myself
- Two Years
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!