Celestron Astromaster Alt-Az Tripod
- A stable tripod for use with binoculars, cameras, spotting scopes, and some small telescopes.
- Adjustable 1.25” stainless steel legs provide a minimum height of 24 inches and a max of 41 inches.
- Easy attachment of optics via an included dovetail bracket.
- Sturdy pan head with long handle makes smooth movements and can be locked into place.
- Weigh capacity of approximately 10 pounds.
- The Celestron AstroMaster AZ Tripod is really useful when you want to do hand’s-free viewing through binoculars, a spotting scope or a lightweight telescope. It weighs about 8 lb., is quick and easy to set up without tools, and can handle approximately 10 lb. of equipment.
The legs of the Celestron AstroMaster AZ Tripod are fully adjustable to best match the height you require. The minimum height of the tripod is 24 inches, and the maximum height is 41 inches. Spreader bars lock into place when the legs are opened, and a handy accessory tray pops into the center of the brace.
The alt-azimuth pan head is great for taking videos or following a moving target due to its smooth, continuous movement capabilities. It can also be locked in place (or loosened) by turning the pan handle and azimuth lock. Telescopes and spotting scopes with 1.75” dovetail bars will fit right inside the clamp on top of the tripod. Optics or cameras requiring a ¼-20 threaded bolt can attach using the included dovetail bar adapter. An optional tripod binocular adapter with binoculars attached can also connect to the dovetail bracket, then simply slide the plate into the tripod head and lock it into place.
|Mount Height (Max)||41 in (1041 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||24 in (610 mm)|
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!