Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Mini WiFi Astro Bundle
The Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi (SAM) is a compact high-precision camera tracking platform that is ideal for long exposure astrophotography as well as time-lapse photography in daytime and night time settings
SAM easily fits in your backpack or camera bag, making it a convenient travel companion that can venture with you into remote locations.
SAM comes with built-in WiFi and the free Star Adventurer Mini Console App for Android and iOS platforms, allowing it to be remotely controlled with your smartphone. SAM is easy to set up and to operate in all of its modes.
Although capable of supporting larger camera lenses, SAM is ideal and very simple to use for Widefield Astrophotography with a standard camera lens of 55mm or shorter focal length, as only a rough polar alignment is necessary, making it ideal for all kinds of amateur photographers unfamiliar with astronomy.
Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi Photo Set: includes the Star Adventurer Mini (SAM) mount, ball head adaptor, polarscope and polarscope illuminator. Sky-Watcher shutter release cables can be purchased separately for most popular camera models/brands.
The Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi can attach to any standard tripod via its ¼” or 3/8” adaptors. The latitude can be set by either adjusting the tilt of your tripod head to match your latitude or more accurately by purchasing the optional Equatorial Wedge. To fit a camera to the Star Adventurer, either a tripod Ball Head is required (not supplied) or the optional Dovetail L-Bracket. The optional Dovetail L-Bracket can be used in conjunction with the optional counterweight shaft/counterweight.
- Maximum recommended camera lens focal length: 100mm
- High precision, portable and stable camera tracking system
- Built-in WiFi with free app for Android and iOS platforms
- Multi-language support
- Solar, lunar and sidereal tracking rates for astrophotography
- Payloads up to 3kg
- Easy Polar Alignments with polar scope
- Supports Star-Scape photography
- Supports standard short exposure time-lapse photography
- Supports long exposure time-lapse photography
- Supports Star-Scape time-lapse photography
- Provides DSLR shutter control for multiple brands
- Lifetime FREE firmware upgrades
- Built-in motor protection and status indicators
- Power Options: AAx2 Batteries or external USB supply
- Fits standard 3/8 and 1/4 inch tripod/quick release brackets
- Weight 650g
- Dimensions 76x70x103mm
Star Adventurer Mini SAM is a better solution for those who want to use a DSLR with a standard or short focal length lens for wide-view astrophotography. We recommend customers to use a lens of 55 mm or shorter focal length with a DSLR on a Star Adventurer Mini mount, though lenses of up to about 100mm can be used.
Since it's better for wide-view photography, only a rough polar alignment is required - it does not require a polar alignment as good as the Star Adventurer needs for telescopic astrophotography.
The Star Adventurer Mini will have wide consumer appeal as a simple and easy solution for all kinds of beginners and amateur photographers who want to get into the astrophotography field without being familiar with astronomy.