Baader MPCC Visual Photographic Edition
The kit consists of:
- 2458400A MPCC Mark III
- 2408190 reducer 2” - 1 ¼ - For MPCC use with 1 ¼ eyepieces
- 2458110 Expanding ring M48/T-2
- 2958214 Hyperion FT ring 14mm
- 2958228 Hyperion FT ring 28mm
This is the visual and photographic version of the famous Baader Planetarium Multi Purpose Coma Corrector.
The only coma corrector that does not increase focal length, not does it reduce field size of your Newtonian - an f4 Newtonian remains f4.
MPCC Mark III properties:
- no change in focal length or field size
- newly calculated lens system - designed for an unvignetted field down to f3.5
- maximum sharpness across the field - without center soft spot (as reported of other makes)
- accepts T-2(M42x0.75) and/or 2"(M48x0.75) threaded photographic- or visual-adapters
- 2" stopping collar removable for increase in backfocus
- For photographic and visual use
- easy to use
- exceptional price/performance ratio
- Phantom Group© multicoated for maximum transmission and freedom from reflections from UV to NIR
- Optional adapter for direct coupling of the MPCC III directly onto the Baader CANON EOS protective T-ring
- 44mm clear aperture when using the M48(2") filter-tread or the Protective T-ring with optional adapter
Large parabolic mirrors are perfectly apt for Deep Sky imaging since they deliver a very large field and enable very short exposure times. However this comes at the price of off axis coma and some residual astigmatism. Coma will distort off axis stars into "comets" which effectively reduces the usable field considerably. Many companys offer various lens systems as solution to counteract coma, most at the downside of increasing the original focal length and reducing the field
of view. An f4 optics may become an f4.5.
The Multi Purpose Coma Corrector Mark III eliminates coma across the full photographic field without manipulating the focal length. The proprietory lens design has our Phantom Group© wideband multicoating on all air to glass lens surfaces. This treatment delivers highest transmission combined with lowest amount of scatter and reflections across a very wide spectral range from UV to NIR.
The original MPCC had been designed for an f/ratio of f4.5 to f6. The new Mark III however works exceptionally well even down to f3.5. stars remain pinpoints across the field and the visual use likewise is made much easier - with the help of the 2" (M48) male filter thread at the eyepiece facing side. The MPCC III is designed to be the most variable coma corrector in the market today. It mounts into every 2" focuser and fits CCD-filter wheels and off axis guiders of various manufacturers.
This is the same product as #2458400A but supplied with visual and photographic fittings.
Adapters for spotting scopes terrestrial astronomy telescopesDownload (1.62M)