Sky-Watcher Star Discovery P150i
With an extremely useful 150mm of light gathering aperture and a superb parabolic primary mirror the STAR DISCOVERY P150i is a highly capable all-rounder for the observation of the Moon, bright planets, nebulae, galaxies and star clusters, and is easy to carry and transport
The Sky-Watcher STAR DISCOVERY P150i has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android. The supplied Synscan™ Wi-Fi module creates it’s very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu.
The STAR DISCOVERY P150i and SynScan™ App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing the telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App’s extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects. Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x30 & x75
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 750mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Parabolic Set Primary Mirror
- Red Dot Finder
- 1.25” Rack & Pinion Focuser
- Star Discovery AZ Go-To Alt-Azimuth Go-To Mount with Dual-Axis Tracking
- Freedom-Find™ Dual Encoder Technology
- Synscan™ Wi-Fi Adaptor Module
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately)
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, more are coming).
- Power Requirement: 12v DC 1Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive) or 8 x AA Batteries (not supplied)
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended
- Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 33% more Light Gathering than 130mm
Box 1: Size 79x40x36 Weight 7kg
Box 2: Size 86x43x25 Weight 16kg
- Optical Design
- 6 inch
- Mount Type
- Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Focal Length
- 750 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Multi Coated
- What is more important?
- Brightness over image resolution
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- Yes, I would like a scope to guide me.
- One Year