Sky-Watcher Skyliner 400P Flex Tube
Dobsonian telescopes offer an incredible aperture-to-price ratio. The Dobsonian mount, popularized by John Dobson in the 1970.s, is a simple and efficient method of mounting a Newtonian reflector, based on the Alt-Azimuth principal. Fast and easy to set up, the Dobsonian mount consists of a box-type mounting which allows the telescope to pivot in altitude, while the box itself is rotated on a base in azimuth. The secret of the design is to correctly balance the optical tube and use frictional materials which allow it to be moved easily when nudged but to stay in position when not. The mount is designed to be driven by hand as opposed to slow motion controls.Sky-Watcher Dobsonians provide excellent all round performance for the observation the Moon and Planets and Deep Sky Objects such as Galaxies and Nebulae.
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x72 & x180
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x812
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 406mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1800mm (f/4.4)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): SP10mm & 25mm
- Dual-Speed 2" Crayford Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- 3-Point tube locking system, fully retractable
- Tube dimensions: 540mm (diameter), 1071mm-1685mm (length)
- Wooden Alt-Azimuth mount with accessory tray
- 34.5% more Light Gathering than 350mm
IMPORTANT: This telescope is delivered on a pallet & the driver will need help in unloading. The telescope can be easily unpacked from the pallet.
- Optical Design
- 16 inch
- Mount Type
- Wooden AZ
- Focal Length
- 1800 mm
- Focal Ratio
- What is more important?
- Brightness over image resolution
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- No, I want to find objects myself