Celestron Firstscope & Accessory Kit
The high quality FirstScope an ideal entry level astronomical telescope featuring a spherical mirror that has a slight overcorrection, so it is more accurately a paraboloid
- Celestron’s beloved entry-level telescope gets a stunning look! The Signature Series FirstScope features a superb Moon image by astroimager and Team Celestron member Robert Reeves
- High-quality tabletop Dobsonian with a 76mm reflector optical tube
- FirstScope artwork highlights key features on the lunar surface like craters and maria that you can explore for yourself with the telescope
- Simple, portable design that’s easy to use for astronomers of all levels—a great choice for kids and families
- Also includes a free PDF download of the Lunar Landscapes ebook by Robert Reeves
Celestron has joined forces with master lunar imager Robert Reeves on this addition to the beloved FirstScope family: the FirstScope Signature Series: Moon by Robert Reeves. This quality Dobsonian-style telescope features a spherical glass mirror with a generous 76mm of aperture. The FirstScope’s wide field-of-view provides bright, sharp views of the Moon’s mountains and craters in crisp detail. You’ll also enjoy using the FirstScope to pan the Milky Way, explore open star clusters, marvel at Saturn’s rings, or view favorite deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula.
This compact, lightweight telescope is an ideal entry-level astronomical telescope. Just remove it from the box, insert an eyepiece, and you’re ready to view. To navigate the sky, simply rotate the azimuth axis in the direction of your desired object. It doesn’t get much simpler or more portable than the FirstScope.
Its compact design makes the FirstScope Signature Series easy to take along on your next camping trip, picnic, or hike. When not in use, the FirstScope Signature Series: Moon by Robert Reeves will be a stylish decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
Explore the Moon
Familiarize yourself with the Moon, our neighboring world. Robert Reeves’ signature FirstScope comes with a custom wrap that highlights 10 lunar features to explore including Tycho, Plato, and Copernicus. Learn more about the Moon with Robert Reeves’ Lunar Landscape eBook which goes into detail about the sizes of craters, how marias are formed, the natural history of the Moon, and other fascinating tidbits.
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Focal Length||300mm (12")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||20mm (0.79")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||15x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2||4mm (0.16")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||75x|
|Barlow Lens||Not Included|
|Star Diagonal||Not Included|
|Highest Useful Magnification||180x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||11x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.9|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.83 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.53 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||118x|
|Software||Starry Night Basic Edition|
- Optical Design
- 3 inch
- Mount Type
- Wooden AZ
- Focal Length
- Focal Ratio
- Two Years
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!