Sky-Watcher SkyMax 102 AZ Pronto
102mm F/12.7 Alt-Azimuth Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
Easy to use, this compact, but powerful telescope is ideal for the observation of double-stars, surface detail of the Moon & bright planets
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x52 & x130
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x204
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 102mm
- 28% more Light Gathering than 90mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1300mm (f/12.74)
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- 90º Star Diagonal 1.25"
- AZ PRONTO Alt-Azimuth Mount & Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Mount Rotation Angle: 360° (Azimuth), -70° to + 90° (Altitude)
Tips For This Telescope - From Grovers:
With such a high powered & small telescope, a bright wide-field eyepiece will maximise the number of deep space objects you can observe. The wider field of view will also make finding faint objects easier too. We recommend the Omni 40mm eyepiece as a good low-cost option to achieve this.
All cassegrain telescopes (like this) should have a lens hood. Sometimes called a dew shield & this is a clue to one of the benefits: Many-a-goodnight's observing is spoiled by dew precipitation, despite the view up there being quite clear. As long as the telescope is not pointed straight up (Zenith) the lens hood will shade the lens (objective) from nearly all dew fall.
- Optical Design
- Maksutov Cassegrain
- 4 inch
- Mount Type
- Focal Length
- 1300 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!