Celestron NexStar 127 SLT Telescope Maksutov
Designed to be an affordable entry level to mid-level computerized GoTo telescope, The NexStar SLT telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes
These telescopes use a lot of battery power. These rechargeable power supplies (right) are cheaper to use and a more reliable source of power. AA rechargeable batteries can not be used but you could use alkaline or lithium - though they are much more expensive over time.
You can see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, polar caps on Mars, Jupiter and its four moons, Saturn with its rings plainly visible and much more! Most NexStar SLT’s can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
Powered by 8 AA (user supplied) batteries or an optional AC adapter (#18778) these NexStar GoTo’s love to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs.
With the NexStar’s ergonomically designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
Celestron’s Revolutionary SkyAlign
Using Celestron’s patented SkyAlign (patent pending), simply input the date, time and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. You do not need to know the names of the stars – you can even pick the Moon or bright planets!
The key advantages of the SLT Series over similar looking telescopes:
Compatible with Celestron’s StarSense AutoAlign for completely automatic set-up on the night sky
Advanced NEXSTAR + handset
Internal battery compartment - no external corded battery pack
SkyQ Wi-Fi link compatible
SkyAlign - the simplest, fastest & most beginner friendly alignment method available on any computerised telescope.
Four additional alignments including 1 star align and solar system align
Auxiliary port for additional accessories (GPS module, SkyQ Wi-Fi link)
PC control software INCLUDED (NSOL disc)
Sky Maps CD-ROM INCLUDED (The Sky disc)
GPS module compatible (quick and easy set-up)
User friendly StarPointer red-dot finderscope
Compatible with Celestron’s NexRemote for advanced PC control
• High quality 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
• Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
• StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
• Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
• Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
• Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
• Includes CD-ROM The Sky Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
Computerized Mount Features
• Proven NexStar computer control technology
• Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
• SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
• Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
• Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
• Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
• Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
• Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
OPTICAL DESIGN : Maksutov-Cassegrain
WEIGHT : 18 lb (8.16 kg)
APERTURE : 127 mm (5 in)
FOCAL LENGTH : 1500 mm (59.06 in)
FOCAL RATIO : 11.81
FINDERSCOPE : StarPointer
MOUNT : Motorized Altazimuth
EYEPIECE 1 : 25 mm (0.98 in)
MAGNIFICATION 1 : 60 x
EYEPIECE 2 : 9 mm (0.35 in)
MAGNIFICATION 2 : 167 x
STAR DIAGONAL : 1.25
ACCESSORY TRAY : No Tool, Quick release
TRIPOD : Steel CD ROMn The Sky Level 1 and NexStar Observers List (v2.6.4c)
HIGHEST USEFUL MAGNIFICATION : 300 x
LIMITING STELLAR MAGNITUDE : 13
RESOLUTION (RAYLEIGH) : 1.1 arcsec
RESOLUTION (DAWES) : 0.91 arcsec
LIGHT GATHERING POWER : 329 x
ANGULAR FIELD OF VIEW : 0.83 °
LINEAR FIELD OF VIEW (@1000 yds) : 44 ft (13.41 m)
OPTICAL COATINGS : Fully-Coated
COMPUTER HAND CONTROL : Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
SLEW SPEEDS : Nine slew speeds: 4°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, .5°/sec, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x
TRACKING RATES : Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
TRACKING MODES : Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
ALIGNMENT PROCEDURES : SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
DATABASE : 4,000 Object Database
GPS : Optional CN-16 GPS Accessory
Warranty: 24 Months
- Optical Design
- Maksutov Cassegrain
- 5 inch
- Mount Type
- Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Focal Length
- 1500 mm
- Focal Ratio
- Optical Coatings
- Fully Coated
- What is more important?
- Image resolution over brightness
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- Yes, I would like a scope to guide me.
- Normally on display?
- Yes - But Check First If Making A Special Journey!